I’m 24 weeks along now – 6 months pregnant! How did this happen? I feel like it was just yesterday I saw those two little pink lines and went into complete shock. And now here I am, getting bigger by the day:
Weight gain – I’m at 18 pounds now according to the weigh in at my doctor’s office a few days ago, which means that the minor adjustments I’ve made in my diet are working. I’m really just trying not to go crazy with sweets, and eat more fruit instead. Although, today I have to admit that I had ice cream after lunch AND dinner. But that’s ok, it’s the weekend!
Symptoms – well, I’ve finally been formally introduced to heartburn, and I’ve decided that it’s just not going to work out between us…
Other than being forced to carry Tums with me at all times, I’m still doing really geat. I’m not really swelling at all, my skin looks fantastic (everyone keeps telling me that I have that glow) and I’m still sleeping pretty well. In fact, in the picture above, I look sleepy cause I had just woken up from a fantastic nap!
Belly button – my belly button has not popped out like some women’s do, but it has gotten very flat.
Stretch marks – none yet…. I almost don’t even want to mention it cause I don’t want to jinx myself. =]
Cravings – I have been so boring, people! Sorry, but I have no tall tales to tell of Kenny running to Krispy Kreme in the middle of the night, or eating bowl fulls of pickles and ice cream… just the usual craving for something sweet at times, and that’s pretty much it.
Movement – my little sweet pea is perfecting her boxing moves. Sometimes it feels like she’s moving both arms and legs all at the same time – it’s an extraordinary sensation! Kenny got a good dose of it one night – it’s been a couple weeks since I’ve urged him to feel her kick, and it’s much different now – so much stronger! He felt her kick this time and went “WHOAH…” The look on his face was priceless. =]
One of my favorite things to do is put a lightweight coaster on my belly and watch it bounce all around with her kicks. One of these days I’m certain she’s going to kick the coaster right off my belly.
And now for The Nursery!
I like to make it sound much more exciting than it really is… we haven’t really done too much except begin to clear out the room:
Perfect – Baby can just sleep in a box!
I know it doesn’t look like we’ve made much progress, but this is great considering it once looked like an episode of Hoarders:
See what I mean?
The room will be painted a very light pink, and I’m going with a butterfly/flower theme. The nursery is going to be a bit eclectic, because I don’t like things to be all matchy-matchy in the first place, but mostly because I’m just falling in love with different things as I see them, and then I’m figuring out how I can make them work in my own way for the room. I think when it is done, the room will be bright and full of love – which will be just perfect! =]
Here’s a glimpse of some of the ideas I have floating around in my head:
1. This is the furniture set we have picked out.
2. This is the pattern on the crib set we were given, and I’m going to try to use pinks and browns with some touches of the darker maroon color around the room.
3. I am going to attempt to make my own curtains – if I can get them to look anything like these, I will be over the moon.
4. I love these drawer knobs that I found on Etsy, and I’d like to replace the knobs on the dresser with these for a little pop of color.
5. I fell in love with this owl pillow the minute I saw it, and now it’s on my registry. Every time I look at it, I smile.
6. These are just examples of art I’ve seen for sale on Etsy, and being a graphic designer, I’m definitely going to make my own artwork.
7. And the artwork that I make will go behind the crib in mismatched offset frames sort of like this.
8. These are two examples of mobiles that I think I want to try to make myself. I’d like to make one to go over the changing table so that my sweet pea has something to stare at while we are changing her diapers.
So there you have it – just a little taste of what the nursery might end up looking like. I will try my best to take pictures and post the progress as we go along.
Next post will be 26 weeks – and hopefully will include a positive update from my next ultrasound. =]